Australians want to be warm in winter and cool in summer. Now they can at a fraction of the cost.
Thermal insulation & insulated panels have come a long way since the pink batt was invented.
They really aren’t needed any more with thermally insulated wall panels that can save a small fortune to buy, install and operate.
Using old technology in this century like insulation batts, blown insulation, and other material forms of insulation is expensive.
It also raises environmental questions. Australians want insulation to save energy, but they do not want to damage our environment through dirty manufacturing.
A home cladding solution invented in Australia means that walls can not only look great, they can insulate very effectively without having to use insulation batts or other insulation methods.
This cladding solution also has a low carbon footprint in its manufacture and deployment.
How can I make my walls save me money?
- Ask your wall panels to insulate as well as clad your home. If your wall panels are not an excellent thermal insulator, why use them as a house cladding solution?
- Does it make sense to erect a wall and then erect insulation on the same wall?
- Does it make sense to do the same thing twice? Pay to erect a wall, and then pay to erect insulation?
- If someone is telling you that you need insulation in addition to a new floor, a wall, or an external wall then you are not getting the whole story. There is no reason why insulation cannot be integrated with other building materials that you are using to construct your walls and floors.
- Using wall cladding that includes insulation into the panel means that what you are spending on installation costs are being used more efficiently. Not only is an installer installing a wall panel they are installing insulation at the same time.
- Choose wall cladding panels that have a high-r-value and a closed cell construction.
- Fibre cement and composite boards provide little insulation value. These panels have a very low r-value often as low as 0.2. Compare that to the panels made by Ecobuild that have an r value of 2.8!
- Brick veneer only has an r.value of 0.66, and hebel only has an r-value of 0.9. That is way below Ecobuild’s r-value of 2.8.
- Check the r-value rating and ask for test data using the Australian Standard.
- The low r-values of fibre cement, brick and other panels and cladding systems is the reason why those panels and cladding systems need an additional insulation barrier.
What should I avoid doing?
- When you think about wall cladding, don’t build with lots of deliveries, lots of labour, lots of waste. Save carbon, save labour, reduce waste and you will not only have a cleaner conscience you will save money.
- Fibre glass insulation and glass insulation commonly found in batts uses extraordinary amounts of heat in production. That pollution goes straight into the air we breathe. Wall panels with insulation avoid the whole mess. Look for panels that use a low heat, low carbon approach to manufacturing.
- Many panels and insulation products are made of materials that you should watch out for. Ecobuild’s insulated panels contain no volatile organic compounds, are made without harmful HFC’s, and are 100% recyclable.
- Don’t do it the hard way and ask questions to insist on doing it the easy way. When you install insulation separately to cladding you have to ensure it will be free from moisture now and into the future. Moisture can create mould and damage insulation over time. By integrating the insulation into the wall panels, and using moisture resistant materials, our insulation solutions will last for the life of the building.
Can thinking about the environment really save me money?
Think green, think simple, and when you make a decision about cladding or panelling think about a better option. Write a list of the things you don’t want.
You don’t want to have multiple deliveries. You don’t want cladding that is not 100% recyclable. You don’t want panels made out of harmful materials like cement. You don’t want to have to use lots of labour, or expensive labour if you don’t have to. You don’t want to sue old technologies that burn a lot of fossil fuels to make something that can be made in an eco-friendly way. It really is all about using resources more efficiently. That is why thinking Green is not only good for the environment it is good for your wallet.
Get Ecobuild products working for you with cladding, wall panels and floor panels that provide a designer finish, lower installation costs, a low acquisition cost and with integrated insulation a lower energy bill every month.